Children can either have a school lunch or bring a packed lunch. A drink of water is offered to all children, although the children may bring in their own drink in a suitable container. The midday supervisors encourage the children to eat their lunch; if there is a problem with your child not eating properly then we will inform you.
Children may only change from packed lunch to school meals at the half term or end of term break. If your child is late and requires a school meal, then the office must be informed by 10am, when the meals have to be ordered.
School meals at St Margaret Mary’s promise to provide good food served with small children in mind, aimed to give value, enjoyment and nourishment.
At St Margaret Mary’s, we place great emphasis on developing healthy eating habits.
All children have continual access to fresh filtered water which is available from the drinking fountains around the school. We encourage children to bring a water bottle to school each day..
Free School Meal Entitlement
You can claim Free School Meals / Uniform Grant if you receive one of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income – related Employment support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit and income of less than £16,190(but not if you are in work and receiving Working Tax credit)
- The Guarantee element of State Pension credit
- Support under part VI of the Immigration & Asylum Act 1999