Free school meals Application Update




You do not need to complete this form if you are getting or wish to claim Housing Benefit and/or Council TaxReduction, youwillbenotified of your entitlement automatically.




If you are not receiving Housing Benefit/Council Tax Reduction please enclose your Child Benefit award letter showing your current address andthe names of the children you wish to claim free school meals for.






You can claim Free School Meals if you receive one of the following benefits:


  • Income Support
  • Income Based Jobseekers Allowance
  • Income-Related Employment Support Allowance
  • Child Tax Credit and income of less than £16,190 (but not if you are in work and receiving Working Tax Credit)
  • The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
  • Support under part VI of the Immigration & Asylum Act 1999
  • Universal Credit, provided they have an annual net earned income not exceeding £7,400 (£616.67 per month)


If you are a child and receive Income Support, Income based Job Seekers Allowance, Income Related Employment and Support Allowance or Universal Credit for yourself you can apply for your own free school meals. Please complete this form and put your own details in all the sections.